In this section:
A little about ParentingWorx
ParentingWorx was ‘hatched’ in 2000 after a thirteen year incubation period!
Lisa McKimm had worked with parents since 1987, and dreamt about the kind of service she would ultimately like to offer. It now exists as ParentingWorx, a company she began with a team of two.
The ‘baby’ has now grown, and the plan for 2009 will see:
- 800 New Zealand parents experience ParentingWorx classes this year.
- The pairing of Lisa McKimm with Graham Lowe (International Rugby League Coaching legend) to present 'The Lowie and Lisa Show'. These parenting presentation events have the added draw card of bringing a sporting legend to the stage to speak about his love of parenting - and in particular what he is learning from his five year old twin boys!
- Speaking engagements at seminars and conferences for those who work with, or are raising, children. Amongst others, two 'Parents as First Teachers' (PAFT) national conferences have ParentingWorx booked for speaking.
- Continued work for the NZ government’s Ministry of Social Development, and their S.K.I.P. parenting project (Strategies with Kids, Information for Parents).
- Professional development for national groups such as Birthright NZ Inc – one of few organisations in New Zealand whose focus is solely to support single parent families.
Our team are all passionate about the work that we do – and we think that it is a privilege to walk alongside the parents and professionals that we serve.